Each school in NSW offers something slightly different depending on the community. Here's what we offer for you.
All canteens in NSW public schools must meet certain requirements. These include providing more healthy food and drink options – to make the healthy choice an easy choice for students. Visit Healthy school canteens to learn more.
Flexible and Supportive Learning Environment
- Our composite class structure allows us to provide students with individualised daily access to academic extension.
- Tailored learning support programs are readily available with the benefits of one on one mentoring and guidance.
- Our partnership with the Hawkesbury Small Schools Community enables students to test their skills and compete in the arenas of literacy, numeracy, sport and performing arts.
Programs, Facilities and Opportunities
- We provide an extensive range of academic, performing arts, agricultural, sporting and social programs designed to ensure that every child has the opportunity to find their niche.
- Our programs and facilities provide students with opportunities to participate in:- the Hawkesbury Young Writers Competition, Lawrence Hargrave Maths Competition, Hawkesbury Agricultural Arts & Craft Exhibition, Hawkesbury Music and Dance Festivals, Hawkesbury Small Schools Public Speaking and Debating Competition, computing, coding and robotics, language studies, book fairs, cooking, opportunities to compete in athletics, swimming and cross country carnivals to state level, professional tennis lessons, environmental studies and bush walking club, excursions and camps, life skills development including leadership development and the annual Learn to Swim program, student lead fun days, an extensive library and an on-site BMX track.
Values and Well-being
- At Colo Heights Public School we strive for Respect, Responsibility and Personal Best, employing our school motto 'Effort and Integrity'. Students are taught to understand, appreciate and practise these values in all aspects of their schooling and social development.
- As a result, we have created a supportive and respectful atmosphere that offers a safe learning environment where every student is known and is secure in the knowledge that they have both teachers and friends they can rely on, confide in and trust.
When students wear a school uniform, they feel included in our school community.
Students, teachers, parents and carers, as well as members of our local community helped develop our school uniform to make sure it:
meets the requirements of occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation
includes items that are affordable, comfortable and made from easy-care and easy-wear fabrics
is appropriate for the full range of school activities
is suitable for all body shapes.
Learn more about the NSW Department of Education’s School Uniform Policy.
Hiring our facilities
You may apply to use our school’s facilities for appropriate purposes provided your hiring of the facility doesn't interfere with our teaching and learning programs.
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis. Find out more at Using school facilities.
If you’re interested in hiring our facilities, contact us for details.